Using graphite pencil each portrait is beautifully unique and painstakingly developed to get the best representation I can and aim to create an illustration that you are thrilled with. These ultra-high-quality pieces of work take between 4-6 weeks to create depending on the size of paper chosen and how detailed the subject is. It is this precision and amount of time which enables me to fully capture the spirit and essence of the subject matter. Each piece of work should be considered as an investment and a truly elegant reminder for the whole family to treasure for years to come.
All artwork is drawn on the finest quality cartridge paper and are presented unmounted and unframed. Sizes vary from small A4 drawings up to larger A2 works, depending on the subject and your budget.
The cost will depend on your individual requirements of size and subject matter.
The prices listed below are for unframed animal pencil portraits only.
A4 (297 x 210mm, 11.7 x 8.3in) (Single head) £250
A3 (420 x 297mm, 16.5 x 11.7in) (Single head) £350
A3 (420 x 297mm, 16.5 x 11.7in) (Two heads) £450
A3 (420 x 297mm, 16.5 x 11.7in) (Three heads) £500
- If you have any special requirements such as a larger paper size or if you have a different subject matter in mind other than animals, then please don't hesitate to contact me here. Prices may differ from above.
Here's how the commission process works:
- Get in touch with me via my contact page.
- We will chat about your requirements and I will give you the total cost and approximate timescale.
- I will then ask that you send me some photographs of your dog, cat, horse or any other subject you wish me to draw, which we will discuss and pick the best ones to base your drawing on. Please read my photography guide to ensure the best possible reference images.
- Once you have confirmed that you'd like to go ahead with the commission a 30% non-refundable deposit will be asked for before any work commences.
- I will then get on with the drawing, letting you know of my progress as I go.
- When the illustration is complete I will send you photographs of the artwork. If you are happy with the drawing, I will invite you you to collect it from my studio and will request the balance of payment before collection.
- Payment methods I accept are cash, cheque or BACS. Payments by cheque must be cleared before dispatch or collection. I accept cash on collection but please don't send cash through the post.
- Please note that if you can't collect in person and postage and packaging is required there will be an additional cost for the UK and abroad.
I cannot emphasise enough that the better the image of your pet that you give me, the better the portrait will be. Ideally, I like to be able to choose from multiple images of the subject.
Group portraits are possible and can be combined from separate images. Please read my Photography Guide and suggestions on getting the best images of your pet/loved one.